ACIT is a best cisco certification training institute in Mumbai.
Thursday, 11 February 2016
Tips to Succeed via Cisco Certification
Whether you are looking to advance your career or considering a career change, earning a Cisco certification is, indubitably, worthy of boosting your IT career. However, you require careful planning and training to maximize the level of success in your Cisco career. Following are some guidelines for mapping out your Cisco certification strategy or should rather say tips to achieve success in IT career via Cisco certification. Have a look!
· Set goals – This is an essential step in becoming a Cisco professional. As Cisco specializations are large in number, it’s best that you map out what you’d like to accomplish for the year and try to stick to that plan as much as possible. Lack of planning is one of the largest reasons behind exam failure. Students simply move into study without an actionable plan. Make sure you have the time to put in the necessary work.
· Use a combination of study materials – Most of the times, it has been seen that a student does not do well because he or she did not use the proper study material. The large number of books available can be overwhelming to those just starting out, but keep in mind your study is not limited to books alone. Get involved in the Cisco community and use a combination of websites, forums and books to maximize success.
· Get trained – Training is a key ingredient to success. There are several schools which offer training in a boot camp-style setting, through a live online portal and/or self-paced online programs. These schools offer several advantages as their classes are often taught by well-regarded industry professionals. They typically use real routers and switches and can give students individualized attention in a small classroom setting.
· Practice – They say practice makes perfect and it’s no different for a Cisco engineer and it has been found that a mix of 40% reading and 60% of your time practicing lab scenarios is a good combination to prepare for Cisco certifications. Get familiar with commands. Your best bet would be to get real live devices and set up a lab at your home. While this can be expensive, you can get used equipment online at a much cheaper price.
· Don’t Neglect The Basics – This is essential for anyone planning to be a good Cisco engineer. There are certain core concepts that every engineer must know. Never neglect the basics such as Subnetting. Subnetting is a CCNA concept that engineers deal with in their careers every day. If you do not master subnetting earlier, you will not only be unable to do your job, but you will have to go back and re-learn the concepts you’ve already studied.
ACIT Institute offers technical in-depth training on Cisco’s certification right from Associate level being the most basic till Expert level being the most technically advanced and to the most highly considered and sought after certificate in the field of Networking.