VMware is a virtualization and cloud computing software provider for compatible computers. VMware’s desktop software runs on Microsoft windows, Linux, and Mac OS X while its enterprise software hypervisors for servers, VMware ESX and VMware ESXi which are bare-metal hypervisors that run directly on server hardware without having required an additional underlying operating system. To simply put, VM, which stands for virtual machine, is a widely installed operating system for IBM-compatible computers and servers that can host other operating systems in such a way that each operating system behaves as if it was installed in a self-contained computer with its own set of programs and hardware resources.
Virtualization is one of the fastest growing IT areas as it helps streamline operations which saves time, money and space. Following are the five reasons for you should commence learning VMware technology as suggested by experts and trainers from ACIT Institute.
· There is a very high demand for VMware skills these days and needless to say that learning skills which are in demand is a win-win scenario. VMware skills will leverage your existing experience with network and servers as you implement and manage virtual environments.
· Virtualization solutions are best implemented to use less hardware and save more on power. It performs tasks such as rolling out new servers in minutes instead of hours through automation. Virtualization is affecting everything.
· VMware offers Fault Tolerance and High Availability. Critical systems which need to be up all the time can use high availability features that VMware offers. Possessing the skills to implement and verify these solutions are imperative skills that employers look for in their prospective employees.
· VMware is one of the biggest vendors in virtualization. VMware’s vSphere is a proven and reliable virtualization platform which is used by hundreds of thousands of customers.
· The opportunity to take a snapshot in time and revert to that snapshot is extremely valuable. VMware products allow snapshots which can facilitate rapid testing and rollbacks.