Ethical hacking is an emerging tool used by most of the organizations for testing network security. Ethical hacking helps in recognizing the security risks and vulnerabilities in network. Learning how to hack helps information security professionals implement the powerful possible security practices. With the significant upsurge in cyber-crimes, the need for ethical hackers has also been on rise. Ethical hackers identify potential risks on a network. If you also aspire to become one, you need to think like a hacker. Experts from ACIT Institute are telling about few things that every beginner hacker must be acquainted with.
· Basic computer skills are must and these skills go beyond the ability to cruise the internet or create a word file. You need to be able to use command line in windows, set up your networking patterns and edit the registry. Basic computer skills course like A+ is efficient in acquainting you with these skills.
· You need to comprehend the basics of networking as well. DHCP, NAT, Subnetting, IPv4, IPv6, Public v Private IP, DNS, Routers and switches, VLANs, OSI model, MAC addressing, ARP are certain technologies which help you being better off in this profession.
· Thorough knowledge of programming and scripting languages is must in order to become a successful hacker. Any hacker should have good knowledge of various aspects of programming languages. XSS (Cross Site Scripting), SQL Injection, PHP Injection, Footprinting, Phishing are programming and scripting languages. If you solely rely on ready-made software for hacking anything, it would result in your limited functionality because of limited functionality of software as well.
· A good hacker understands security concepts and technologies. The only way to overcome the roadblocks established by the security admins is to be familiar with them. The hacker must understand things such as PKI (Public Key Infrastructure), SSL (Secure Sockets Layer), IDS (Intrusion Detection System), firewalls etc.
· If you want to be able to proficiently hack databases, you need to comprehend databases and how they work. This includes the SQL language and the mastery in one of the major DBMSs such SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL is also recommended.
ACIT Education Pvt Ltd has years of experience in rendering Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) training to the students.